Occasionally I hear from the people I write about. I'm still waiting to hear from a Kenny Chesney or Reba, but it's also awesome hearing from some of the lesser known people I've written about in the past, the Dawn McCoys and Alex Woodards of the world. I admit I get a little thrill any and every time I get an artist's personal email address. And trust me, if these people become the next Kenny or Reba, I will be taking advantage of that email address knowledge.
Well last month I had a post about Luke Walton and his quest to get a date with Taylor Swift. Since then it seems things have really taken off for the singer - although no date with Taylor has happened yet - and he wanted to write and send a personal thank you and to let me know what he had going on. I so, so love that. Thank you Luke for making my day.
I do have an idea about this though. Did anyone ever watch the documentary "My Date With Drew" that plays on cable all the time? It was a great show about a guy who was on a 30-day quest to score a date with Drew Barrymore. It showed all that he did in order to get a date - which he finally did. Anyway, wouldn't this be a great story for CMT or MTV or one of those channels? "My Date with Taylor." Hopefully I get royalties or something if it gets made.
Anyway, here's the email I received from Luke with all the things he's got going on. Thanks again for keeping me updated Luke.
I just wanted to thank you for the coverage of my Taylor Swift YouTube video. Thanks to you, the story continues to progress. I thought I might update you on the latest news.
· As of today, 62,607 people have viewed the video.
· Next week, from July 1st-5th, I will be traveling to Taylor Swift’s home town, Nashville, for a media tour. I’m currently booked on FOX, NBC, and CBS news, local venues, and some local radio stations.
In preparation for my visit to Nashville:
· Country Weekly Magazine, the number one Country magazine in the US, posted this article (http://lukewaltonmusic.com/CountryWeekly.jpg)
· Nashville City Paper published (http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/lifestyles/taylor-swift-fan-come-courting-nashville)
This week in San Diego:
· Radio station KSON 97.3/92.1 FM continues to feature updates every other day (http://www.kson.com/morning/Story.aspx?id=1098956)
· Coast News featured my story (http://tinyurl.com/mgz5er)
· San Diego Reader wrote (http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2009/jun/17/blurt1/)
· I wrote and performed an original song for Taylor Swift, which was just posted on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5wpu_htv1o)
The dream continues to move forward. Thank you for all of your help.