Well, we had my summary of 2012 in country music, and after querying it on Twitter, apparently people would like my take on what’s in store for the bright new year. I’m going to predict things at random. Mostly they’re educated guesses, but we all need a few totally off-the-wall predictions, right?
- Hillary Scott’s baby will be a boy. I have no idea what is telling me this, but something is.
- Another country star will get pregnant. I think Carrie and Miranda (who have often been asked about kids) are more set for 2014/15, but a country star somewhere is bound to get pregnant.
- As for Taylor Swift relationship drama, I think after a couple of months the relationship with Harry will be over (although judging by her most recent tweet, “...’til you put me down.” It may already be), and she will have another two more relationships before the year is out, with a couple of other people she’s romantically linked with in the media but it doesn’t come to anything. Taylor has learned that relationships = publicity so I think her record label will be onto her to keep in the public eye in this way.
- Kellie Pickler’s 2012 album ‘100 Proof’ wasn’t very well promoted by her label, who she then split from last year, but now she has signed with Black River Entertainment I think she will release a brand new single, totally out of left field and blow everyone away.
- Kristian Bush will release an EP of acoustic sessions and a few songs he’s been working on, whilst Jennifer is off on maternity leave with her baby. It just makes sense and I really want it to happen.
So, what do you think of my predictions? Accurate or not? Do you have any to add? Let me know in the comments!