Well there goes the whole courtroom showdown.
Tracy Lawrence has spent the last month a marked man with misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct hanging over his head stemming from his August 6th scuffle with concert promoter Elmer Cole, Jr.
Well Tracy can now breathe a little more easily because the charges have been dropped as of Monday.
After investigating, it was determined that Elmer had thrown the first punch and that Tracy's facial injuries supported that it was a surprise attack rather than mutual combat. Being that Tracy wasn't the aggressor, the district attorney felt there wasn't enough evidence to convict him of anything.
"We're happy about the dismissal," said Dean Henry, Lawrence's attorney. "I know that Mr. Lawrence is going to be happy."
Elmer Cole still faces his disorderly conduct charge and is set to appear in Tiffin Municipal Court on Thursday for a trial.
"We're still set for a trial," James Gucker, Cole's attorney said. "Elmer was attacked and that's our position. That's what several other witnesses say."
Despite Tracy's charges being dropped this may not be the end of things since Elmer says that Tracy falsely claimed he had a gun, causing Elmer to be arrested. No gun was ever found.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see if either man decides to file personal lawsuits, something Tracy has said before he is considering.