The celebrities were out in full force at Greer Stadium last night in Nashville for the 20thannual City of Hope Celebrity Softball Tournament. The Grand Ole Opry Team faced off against the after midnight team with Blair Garner. Storme Warren represented the Grand Ole Opry team as MC and Katie Cook MC’d for the After Midnight Team. Rosters included:
GRAND OLE OPRY TEAM:
Gloriana: Tom Gossin and Cheyenne Kimball
Jaron & The Long Road to Love
Love and Theft
Tennessee Titans: Cortland Finnegan and Justin Gage
The Band Perry
Two Foot Fred
Ottawa Senators: Mike Fisher
AFTER MIDNIGHT TEAM:
Gloriana: Mike Gossin and Rachel Reinert
Nashville Predators: Wade Belak and JP Dumont
Tennessee Titans: Ken Amato and Donnie Nickey
The Oak Ridge Boys: Duane Allen, Joe Bonsall, William Lee Golden and Richard Sterban
Finish reading review and see more pictures after the jump....
The Grand Ole Opry Team dominated the first half of the game. It appeared the team would shut out the After Midnight team. Melissa Peterman stated that was the strategy of the After Midnight Team - they were going to let Grand Ole Opry get comfortable then strike back. Once the After Midnight scored a few runs, Carrie said she wasn’t scared. Then, the After Midnight tied up the game in the 6th inning. Usually the game ends after the 6th inning, but the players agreed to go for one more inning. The After Midnight team scored 5 runs in the top of the 7th before giving the Opry a chance to come back. Despite having the bases loaded with 2 outs, the Opry team couldn’t pull it off, and the After Midnight team won 15-10.
Highlights of the game included:
- Vince Gill was presented with a distinguished award for all of his compassion and dedication to City of Hope and the Celebrity Softball Tournament through the years.
- A last minute addition to the Grand Ole Opry Roster, Mr. Mike Fisher, Carrie’s finance. When Mike was up to bat, Kieth Anderson (After Midnight Team) gave Mike a hockey stick to bat with!
- During the middle of the game, Blair Garner had a bridal shower for Mike and Carrie. Every member of the After Midnight team presented Carrie with a gift. Melissa Peterman gave her flowers, Randy Montana gave her something from Bed, Bath and Beyond because they “give cash back.” Gloriana members Mike and Rachel went to Target, David Nail gave her some left over bowls from his wedding gifts last year and said if she didn’t like them Bed, Bath and Beyond would take anything back, Chuck Wicks gave the couple some towels – for the “clean up,” and Luke Bryan said he couldn’t afford a bag but got them some thank you cards, and he told Carrie to enjoy signing her autograph a little more.
- Jason Aldean gets my Most Valuable Player of the game vote. He was so intense during the game – even giving the Army umpires a hard time when they called Randy Montana safe multiple times during one of his runs. He was in it to win it!
- Check Twitter @RandyMontana and @ChuckWicks (both guys tweeted some battle wounds from the game). Craig Morgan tackled Randy and Chuck Wicks probably got his when he was sliding into home base.
Overall it was a perfect summer night in Nashville to watch your favorite celebrities have a little fun while raising money for a great cause.
The Celebrity Softball Tournament raises money for City of Hope to fight cancer. Over the years the Tournament has raised of two million dollars for City of Hope. City of Hope is recognized worldwide for its compassionate patient care, innovative science and translational research, which rapidly turns laboratory breakthroughs into promising new therapies. For more information, please visit: www.cityofhope.org.