Anyway, I got an email yesterday asking me to please check out James Dupré. Now I get a lot of these requests and, although I always check them out, I don't always talk about them on the site. Well I went over and checked out James' YouTube page and I wanted to make sure I mentioned him because he's so great. I must say that when I first seen him I was't sure what to expect because he looks so young, but thankfully I was pleasantly surprised by his voice. I've included a couple of videos, but he's got tons more so be sure to head over to his MySpace and YouTube to hear more covers and original songs. He's in the process now of working with producers Kyle Lehning and Jerry Douglas and I can't wait to hear the result! You can check out a little bio after the videos.
- James Dupré is a country singer-songwriter from Bayou Chicot, Louisiana. He currently resides in Eunice, Louisiana with his wife, Kristen and three sons, Paul, Topher and Nickie. He works as a paramedic while pursuing his dream of becoming a professional musician.
- He has a unique style that follows traditional country music with a hint of folk rock influence. He is inspired by Jackson Browne, Randy Travis, Vince Gill, Waylon Jennings, Alison Krauss, John Lennon, James Taylor, Keith Whitley, and many others.
- While attending University of Louisiana at Monroehe joined a local church band called JGS. The band allowed James to develop his soulful voice and style.
- In the past year, James has posted over 80 home-recorded tracks on his Youtube and Myspace pages. He has gathered 2 million hits and thousands of fans, pushing his presence to the point where people from across the world are requesting songs, tour dates and album releases by the masses.
- As he becomes a household namehe remains humble and thankful. His videos on Youtube often begin with a gracious introduction and end with a courteous thank you.
- James is currently working with world renowned producers Kyle Lehning and Jerry Douglas, writing and recording in studio.
- He has played venues from Louisiana to California, ranging from his hometown bar 'The Dugout' to a show with the Sawmill Band at Evenings in Seville Square, which had 10,000 in attendance.
- Fans can visit his myspace page at www.myspace.com/jamesdupremusic to learn more. The majority of his music can be found on his youtube page at www.youtube.com/jamesdupremusic